- $ 595.00
HLTFA311A: Apply First Aid
Before the Course
You have a few things to do before you turn up and do the course.
- Call by the shop for a coffee and pick up your EFR manual.
- Read the manual and complete the knowledge reviews.
What You'll Learn
The course can be completed in a single day, except for pre-teen kids who need some time to assimilate the material. This course provides the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, casualty management and scene management until the arrival of emergency medical support. The course includes AED (defibrillator) use and child / infant CPR.
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Airway and breathing management
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation techniques (CPR)
- First Aid management of the unconscious casualty
- Management of heart conditions
- Infection control and First Aid for minor wounds
- Allergic reactions and asthma
- Control of external bleeding and shock
- Management of near drowning
- Hyperthermia and hypothermia
- Burns and electric shock
- Eye and soft tissue injuries
- Venomous bites and stings
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Head, chest and abdominal injuries
- Assessment and movement of the sick and injured
- Recording vital signs
- Communicating details of an incident
- Debriefing and evaluation of response to critical incidents
What you get
A nationally-recognised Statement of Attainment will be issued to all successful participants.