Open Water Diver
The PADI Open Water Diver Course is the world's most popular entry level scuba course. If you have always wanted to learn to Scuba dive then there is no time like the present. This course opens up a whole new world to you, the underwater world. 70% of the earth's surface is Ocean, and the majority of the bio-mass lives in the Ocean, so what are you doing stuck up here when there is so much to explore?
What You Learn
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development using PADI's eLearning system.
- Confined Water Dives (in the pool) to learn basic scuba skills.
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
To enroll in the PADI Open Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must:
- Be 12 years or older.
- Have a current AS4005.1 dive medical (call us for a list of doctors in your area)
- Be prepared to have some serious fun
- PADI Open Water Diver certification
- 3 days of in-water tuition to maximise the time you spend learning in the water and having serious fun
- 5 Ocean dives (25% more than the industry standard)
- 2 boat dives at Cook Island or Byron Bay (additional charge for Byron Bay)
- Pool entry fees
- Scuba equipment hire
- 10% discount on equipment purchases during the course
What's Not included
- Personal snorkelling equipment
- Dive medical – make sure you book this well ahead of time.
- Complete your Enriched Air Nitrox course on dives 4 and 5 for just $150, saves you $229.
What you need to bring
- Swimmers, towel, sun shirt, hat and sunscreen
- Lunch (we'll provide an esky and ice to keep it fresh)
- Fresh water (2L min recommended)
- eLearning Certificate of Completion